Post subject: Blind Scrap with Mandy June '11 (No Chat)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:51 pm 
Design Therapist

What you need is….

6x4 photo

2 circle cutters or punches - approx 2inch, 1 ½ inch.

12x12 background paper – (plain pale colour- mine is a very very pale grey)
1 scrap paper – (dark) approx 8x4 (mine is black)
3 other scrap pieces of contrasting colours (can be patterned for circles if you prefer)

2 lengths of contrasting ribbon about 7inches long (one to make a bow – if a boy page may need to find something different??)

A round flower or boy embellie.

1 small buckle (you can make one out of chipboard)

approx 20 buttons – contrasting colours – mainly small ones.

Alpha – for a one word title – preferably dark to match your piece of dark scrap paper.

Ink to match your piece of dark scrap paper

distressor

optional
Paint – pale colour to match your background paper,

and other one or two contrasting colours (might want to match your circle scraps)

Paint brush

------------------------------------------------

Step One
Using your ‘3 scrap pieces of contrasting colours’ punch three 2inch circles (or trace and cut out) and seven
1 ½ inch circles.

Step Two
Distress all circles and the 12 x12 base paper.

Step Three
Paint (optional)
Spread circles on some scrap cardboard or A4 paper (whatever handy) and using a very thin layer of paint, swipe the brush in an up and down vertical fashion over the circles only partially covering each one (hit and miss). If you like you can even swipe in the same way – the edges around your 12x12

Step Four
Using your ‘dark piece of scrap paper – approx 8x4inches’ we are going to make two brackets to sit either side of your photo. You can either trace some you might already have, or hand draw them but make sure they are actually a tiny bit longer than your photo.

Step Five
The Photo
(I actually cut the vertical sides of my portrait photo to make it a little narrower but you don’t have to)
Place your photo on either the right or left side of your 12x12 with the bottom of the photo about 2 inches from the bottom edge of the 12x12 – this is important to fit what we need to in at the top. Stick the brackets either side of the photo.

Step Six
On the opposite side of the page, arrange the circles (with the ‘up and down’ swipes of paint still in an up and down direction like you would with going with the grain in fabric!!) in a vertical longways random pattern kinda like ‘molecules’ iykwim. Its zigzaggy and overlapping, mine is about 9-10 inches high....remember its a random pattern... but you arrange as you like. Hmmn prob wouldnt call it a zigzag pattern either... its more random! You WILL need to stick these down

Step Seven
Thread one piece of the ‘7 inch ribbon’ (this may not be the right length so adjust accordingly) through the buckle.
The buckle needs to be almost at one end of the ribbon and place that close to the side edge of the base paper on the circle side and approx 2½ inches from the bottom – or to taste.
Then lay the ribbon horizontally across circles and across one bracket until the other end is onto a little bit of the photo.

Step Eight
Scatter your buttons on and among the circles (to taste) and stick down. Also stick your chosen embellie among this vertical circle arrangement too.

Step Nine
Place your one word title about 1½ inches above your photo

Step Ten
Using your other piece of ribbon, make a little bow and stick in the space between your title and the top of the photo

Step Eleven
Journal directly onto the base paper underneath the photo

All finished!!

Post subject: Re: Blind Scrap with Mandy June 11 (No Chat)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:51 pm 
Design Therapist

The folder will go up in the gallery on Friday night for uploading for 7pm...that will give everyone else who has yet to do it a chance to do so without being influenced by seeing ours already done. Can you please hold off uploading to FB and blogs until then too :wink:

Post subject: Re: Blind Scrap with Mandy June '11 (No Chat)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:00 pm 
Design Therapist

Gallery can be found here
http://www.scraptherapy.com.au/gallery/ ... album=1107

Board index » Just for Fun Therapy - Blind Scraps, Scrap Aheads and other fun challenges » Blind Scraps