Post subject: OMG, only 6 weeks until the retreat! Need hotel advice
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:25 pm 
Therapy Participant

It seemed so far away when I booked it but has really zommed b y in the last couple of months. This time in 6 weeks I will be in Melbourne awaiting my flight to Cairns :D

I am staying a few extra days afterwards and haven't booked any accommodation yet. I think that I might like to stay somewhere other than the Hotel Cairns for those nights but am getting very confused about where. Having a look at Wotif I can get a "mystery" hotel (which I have worked out is the Sebel Cairns) for $149pn and Holiday Inn for $139 (neither include brekkie) or Novatel Cairns Oasis for $130 or upgrade to family poolroom with brekkie for $150.

I will be out touring for most of the time but I do like nice hotels and at the moment am favouring the Novatel just because of the awesome pool. The Sebel looks lovely but I would be in the cheapest room at that price so not sure whether it would be OK.

Any other suggestions gratefully accepted! I don't want to spend any more than $150pn and would like to be close to the Esplanade etc.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: OMG, only 6 weeks until the retreat! Need hotel advice
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:36 pm 
Head Therapist

Having not stayed in any other than the Holiday Inn all I can say is there breakfast is excellent

The Novatel however looked like the go to me at the price with Breakfast and a nice pool - keep in mind the Esplanade in Cairns is world renowned for its free pool that is just devine and that the Novetel is down the other end of the Esplanade

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:32 pm 
Therapy Participant

So is the Novatel a bit far away from the main part of the Esplanade? Not sure if it will make a lot of difference, I will be out most of the day on Monday and Tuesday I think and would probably then just relax by the pool with a drink and then get some dinner. Would it be too far away for me to walk to get something to eat?

So confusing! I've spent ages on Trip Advisor and Wotif etc :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:52 pm 
Therapy Participant

The Novatel Oasis is great Allie, Stayed there heaps and the Buffet Breakfast is good too. Its a bit of a walk to the main shopping complex - Cairns central but close to Lake St Birch Carrol & Coyle and only one street back from the esplanade and not a bad stroll down to all the eating areas on the Esplanade. And the pool there is great.

http://thelifeandscrapsofme.blogspot.com/

Be all that you want to Be.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 pm 
Therapy Veteran

We love staying at the Oasis too! The pool is fantastic & so is the breaky. Nice & close to everything too :D .

My blog: Crazy for Colours

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:28 pm 
Therapy Participant

Thanks Leanne ande Vicki, that is really helpful. I am really leaning towards the Novatel now and have sent them an email :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:57 pm 
Therapy Participant

Have booked the Novatel :D and it worked out that the Family Fun package in a poolview room (which includes full buffet brekkie for 2 adults and 2 kids) was cheaper than booking just a standard room LOL.

It all seems so real now - in 6 weeks time we will be scrapping and chatting and enjoying our first night at the retreat :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:14 am 
Head Therapist

Perfect Allie - I think you cant go too far wrong there.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:02 am 
Therapy Participant

My extra few days stay are before the retreat. I will be checking in on Tuesday 24th and flying out on the following Monday.
I was able to book the deal that Lee-Anne mentioned at the Hotel Cairns for $100/night including $100 worth of food vouchers.
Just 2 days to go before I leave on my big trip!
Very excited!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 pm 
Head Therapist

its a great deal Ronnie and still very close to the Venue for the retreat as well

Profile WWW 

Board index » 3 Days in Therapy - 2011 » When and Where?