Post subject: What to bring?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:12 pm 
Therapy Participant

This is my first retreat. What are the essentials to bring? I am actually leaving home next Thursday for a 6 week holiday that pretty much finishes with the retreat, so I need to pack this week for the next 6 weeks.

I am so looking forward to meeting quite a few of you. :)

Post subject: Re: What to bring?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm 
Head Therapist

mmm - will put my thinking cap on

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:26 pm 
Therapy Member

if you are organised enough ronnie, some people put together kits.

otherwise just take your essentials/fave things you can't scrap without!
i am sure lee-anne will have lots of stuff in the shop you can buy while there in case you forget anything!

for me.... i take whatever i can fit in and probably dont even end up using half of it! LOL

oh..... and remember your photos!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:44 pm 
Design Therapist

Putting together page kits really does save taking too much. If you are travelling by plane especially with how many kilos you can carry, then kits are the best way to go. I used to be the most unorganised retreat go-er but not now! I learnt the hard way and am quite disiplined in kit making LOL! Of course any extras Lee-Anne mostly has in her 'shop' at the retreat. Buy too much there???? Thats okay.... post it back to your home! Thats what I do.

Pack your absolute needs tool wise, and so many of the local girls will have the bigger things to share - they are fab with that!
I'm not going to the retreat this year, but ask away if you want any more hints! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:55 pm 
Therapy Participant

Gosh that makes it sound so close Ronnie.

I agree with the page kits. They don't necessarily have to be "total kits" but get some photos together and put some PP and embellies that you might like to use on the page and put it into a snaplock bag etc.
I also pack a small bag of ribbons/lace, a small container of buttons and a few other bits and pieces. I have learnt the hard way that if you take too much all it gets very frustrating trying to find what you want and you don't use most of it.

Patterned papers that are pretty "generic" are great because you can use them for pretty much any page. I am thinking smaller patterns like October Afternoon and Echo Park (for brights anyway).

Looking forward to meeting you :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:39 pm 
Therapy Participant

Thank you.

I had planned to put some kits together. I have a few photos printed already and will do some more over the weekend.
Tools was the main thing I was concerned about. And I am assuming I should bring my own DS tape & Glue etc.

About my paper cutter, I have a Kaisercraft one that has been good to date however I am wanting to see and try out some others. If I like I will get Lee-Anne to order one for me. (heads up Lee-Anne. :D )

Also, I am flying back to Brisbane on the Monday to meet up with Paul and head the rest of the way home with him back on the road.

Have any of you had any hassles with things like scissors and craft knives on planes?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:46 pm 
Therapy Veteran

Nope just place your cutting things into your suitcase Ronnie and you will be AOK

Ds tape, scissors, glue,pens,scrap mat,trimmer.

I love my pink cutterbee Ronnie, if you are after a new trimmer

Design for Scrap Jacked
http://aussiescrapjack.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:18 pm 
Head Therapist

New trimmers

Well I would steer clear of the cutterpedes (sorry Mel) for reasons I wont go into to far they are getting very hard to get parts for

I LOVE my purple cow and it will be at retreat with us - you may find it a bit large however Ronnie if you are buying it with retreats in mind

I think Mel has given you a good list of the basics

Cutter/Trimmer
Sanding tool (nail file etc)
Glue
Tape
Inks
Spritzer bottles
Scissors
and yes we will have lots at the venue for you to buy if you are stuck for stock

we will have things like MS puches, cuttlebugs etc to share, and the local girls bring there stuff - if you have some cool stamps to share bring them - the girls always love to share out there sentiment stamps in particular - the stampers always bring there stamping paper as well

There will be three classes and three kit challenges on the weekend so have plenty of photos

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:21 pm 
Therapy Veteran

Lee-Anne wrote:

Well I would steer clear of the cutterpedes (sorry Mel) for reasons I wont go into to far they are getting very hard to get parts for

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..Poop

Design for Scrap Jacked
http://aussiescrapjack.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:19 pm 
Looking for Therapy

I know its called a scrapping retreat but are the challenges and classes suitable for 'cardies' as well as scrappers?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:12 am 
Head Therapist

The classes are a little off the page and not really scrapping or cardie, Barb and the challenges will work for cards or layouts

Hope that answers your question

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:46 am 
Looking for Therapy

Thanks Lee-anne, that answers it perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:26 pm 
Therapy Participant

Ronnie also when i pack my kits ...i leave my alphas behind ..and i add titles when i get home ....

if you are carrying an album with you ....i have been pulled over and been asked to remove some metal stuff off my pages ....but after my protests ...and skipping the security lady who was highly strung out from her bout of PMS.....the supervisor was called and i was able to take my album on the plane with me as is (phewwww cause i was not leaving pages behind!!!)

...so now i just go through the security before i check in my bags ..(leave my luggage with DH ...he looks so cute with my big hot pink suit case)....just in case ...

look forward to meeting you all

Board index » 3 Days in Therapy - 2011 » When and Where?