Post subject: Re: Packing your scrap stash ....
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:06 pm 
Looking for Therapy

Oh Danni!! what terrible news for your sister!! i hope she can come and have a laugh and a smile with us, before she has to undergo treatment.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:06 pm 
Therapy Expert

I hope your sister is okay and can make it to retreat, we will cross our fingers and toes and say a little prayer. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:11 pm 
Therapy Expert

Oh by the way girls, I have not long got back from Babinda where Lee Ann let me use her Cutterbug [gonna' have to get me one of these :biggrin: ]
While I was there I spotted the new Prima flowers coming to retreat! :shock: They are stunning as usual, and I might just have bought a pack or two. Hee Hee :P :P

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:32 pm 
Therapy Participant

Oh Daniella, that is terrible. So much worse for Vanessa than what we had spoken about :( I really hope that she does come, it will be what she really needs before she prepares for whatever treatments she needs.

Maybe tell her not to pack anything scrappy wise - just come. I would be happy to give her a few kits to keep her going.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:53 pm 
Therapy Participant

Not good at all Danni. :( I will keep her in my thoughts.

Lee-Anne, I will try to get down to Babinda on Wednesday. There may be a remote chance I will get time to pop in tomorrow though. We are camping up at Mt Garnet tonight and going to Millaa Millaa falls tomorrow morning then coming in via Innisfail through Babinda. You may be closed by the time I get there. Not sure when that will be.

I am getting a tad excited now being this close. Looking forward to meeting everyone. As you all know, this is all brand new for me, my virgin retreat. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:14 pm 
Head Therapist

Oh Ronnie, give me a ring when you hit Innisfail - we are open til 5pm on Sunday however I am sure for you and a special visit we can be open a bit later :wink: how excitment! (mind you ask Trisha - the place is a disaster zone with all the stock for retreat everywhere)

Danni - this is TERRIBLE news about Vanessa - I am sure we can find something for her to play with here, even if she is not feeling like packing up her scrappy stuff it will do her a bundle of good just to get together with the girls and play.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:50 pm 
Therapy Veteran

scrappinallie wrote:
Oh Daniella, that is terrible. So much worse for Vanessa than what we had spoken about :( I really hope that she does come, it will be what she really needs before she prepares for whatever treatments she needs.

Maybe tell her not to pack anything scrappy wise - just come. I would be happy to give her a few kits to keep her going.

Lee-Anne wrote:
Oh Ronnie, give me a ring when you hit Innisfail - we are open til 5pm on Sunday however I am sure for you and a special visit we can be open a bit later :wink: how excitment! (mind you ask Trisha - the place is a disaster zone with all the stock for retreat everywhere)

Danni - this is TERRIBLE news about Vanessa - I am sure we can find something for her to play with here, even if she is not feeling like packing up her scrappy stuff it will do her a bundle of good just to get together with the girls and play.

Thanks Allie and Lee-Anne, she is planning her packs and printing photos in anticipation of coming. Don't know how much scrapping will get done if she comes as she is rapidly losing her sight in that eye :cry: and her good eye is still learning to adjust. She is a fighter and has a very strong will so no doubt if she gets to Cairns she will probably scrap more than me :lol: :lol:
Thanks to the other ladies for your kind words and wishes, I am sure if she manages to come she will have a fabulous time and be ready to face the challenge when she gets home.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:07 pm 
Therapy Veteran

Oh no Danni, what a terrible shock for your sister :( ! A great girly weekend filled with lots of laughs sounds like just what she needs before starting treatment xx

My blog: Crazy for Colours

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:55 pm 
Therapy Participant

I'm so glad she is still coming. We will have to spoil her and make her weekend extra special.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:16 pm 
Head Therapist

indeed Allie

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:26 am 
Therapy Expert

helenp wrote:
won't be there this year :( ...

And we are not happy. :( :( :(

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:44 am 
Design Therapist

Oh dear that isn't great news about Vanessa. Hope all goes well.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:15 pm 
Therapy Participant

Phew, I am pretty much packed. I have had to change cases about 3 times because my scraptote and suitcases weighed about 10kg between them - empty! So I have about 20kg all up with everything :shock:

So I have pulled out a really big old suitcase that will fit everything into it and separated my papers & alphas etc into a few paper keepers and they will go in the case. To carry it across the road I found a couple of enviro bags from a scrap shop that I had in the cupboard that will fit all the keepers in.

Packing is stressful!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:50 pm 
Therapy Veteran

Oh no Danni, that is very scary news for your Sister, but am so glad she is still going to make the trip up here.It will be good for her soul to have a weekend away like that. :biggrin:

Design for Scrap Jacked
http://aussiescrapjack.blogspot.com/

Board index » 3 Days in Therapy - 2011 » When and Where?