Post subject: who's ready for retreat?????
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:48 am 
Looking for Therapy

Oh my, I am so looking forward to this!!!!

I have today at home to finish getting organised... and I am trying to catch up with work due, articles to write, blog posts, commissioned paintings.... and pack. PLUS I have a sick little girl at home!!

I hope you are all a little more organised than me!!!

Post subject: Re: who's ready for retreat?????
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:26 am 
Therapy Participant

I am packed both scrapping and clothes etc :D Just have to put the last minute thing in the suitcase and I am all organised.

Have done another shuffle so will be taking some scrappy stuff on the plane with me and I'll put the bag into the storage lockers when I am waiting in Melbourne so I don't have to lug it about. I have a few hours so I might duck out to the shopping centre nearby to have a look around and pass some time. It is going to be totally freezing in Mildura/Melbourne on Thursday so I might be wearing a warm trackie on the plane! If I wear jeans then it will be coat and boots and I don't feel like lugging all that with me. Will then have to shed quickly when I arrive LOL.

Very excited! Will probably be going to be AWOL for Friday morning but can't wait to see everyone on Friday afternoon :D

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:32 am 
Looking for Therapy

I only live 2 hours away and I am no where near ready. All year I had good intentions of doing up kits so I knew what I was doing, but I dont have them done yet. I havent even got the most recent photos printed. I even forgot to let my mum know she had the kids for the weekend. It will all work out I am sure. Very looking forward to the lovely weekend.
Kim

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:08 pm 
Looking for Therapy

LOL Kim at forgetting to tell your mum about having the kids!!!!

allie, I catch a 5.15 train from home into sydney before catching the plane, and it is always freezing!!!! So I just layer up, I do wear jeans cause I like to wear then back home, but I have lots of layers on and I keep a pair of thongs in my carry on luggage. When I get out at cairns I stip all the layers, down to my jeans and a singlet top and change my shoes :)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:40 pm 
Therapy Participant

LOL Kim about the kids! I'm sure it will all work out, even if you chuck stuff in at the last minute :D

Lisa, that is a good idea re the layering. I might do the same, it is a pain to have to work it all out LOL. At least I am arriving at 10pm so it will be reasonably cool then.

Am SO tired at the moment so hoping to get a couple of good nights sleep in before I arrive. Don't want to be going to bed too early because I can't hack it!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:40 pm 
Therapy Expert

klang wrote:
...I even forgot to let my mum know she had the kids for the weekend.Kim

lol Too funny.

I am in Cairns so I am fortunate that I can pack my scrapping gear Thursday night, sadly I will be working Friday so I will see you all after work. Bring it... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 pm 
Head Therapist

retreat - oh did someone say that it started this Friday, organised - yes of course LOL

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:59 pm 
Therapy Veteran

Good news, I am packed :shock: Everything in the one suitcase, scrappy gear and clothes, 19.5 kilos!!!!! :wink:

Also just found out that my sister will be able to come :D :biggrin: :D
Her treatment for the melanoma in her eye won't start till June so she will have a chance now to relax, enjoy and regenerate for the treatment to come. I am going to spoil her rotten :D
So hard living 600k's away from each other, will be so good to have this weekend away!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:51 pm 
Therapy Participant

I am so glad that Vanessa is coming Daniella. I think it will really do her good to have a fantastic weekend away before her treatment starts.

You have about the same weight in your case as me but I ended up splitting mine up and am now taking about 6kg of scrappy stuff on the plane. I had to have a huge case to have it all in one and it was too awkward to manage.

Can't wait to see everyone on Friday :D

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:12 am 
Therapy Participant

I am here already!

Waiting waiting waiting for you all to arrive. :) Perfect weather today. A lovely breeze, sunny skies. No doubt the locals will think it is a bit cool but it is perfect for a southerner like me.

I have already been shopping though. I will be posting a heap of things home I feel. :oops:

See you all soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:23 pm 
Looking for Therapy

I am ready psychologically, I am so not ready physically. I really need to put this computer down and get packing. My mum has just got home from New Zealand (like in the last 15 minutes) so I will be dropping the kids off just before dinner then trying to get some sleep as our flight leaves Melb at 6am EEEEK! Bought new bags to bring my stuff in and had all intentions of doing up some kits but my placcy bags were a smidge too narrow so no go *sigh*. Another make it up as a I go along retreat, what's new?

Jealous Ronnie, so looking foward to some warmth I am over winter already and technically it hasnt started yet.

See you all very soon!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:06 pm 
Therapy Participant

Gosh you will have an early start Bon :shock:

Don't worry too much about your scrappy stuff. Just chuck it in and whatever you don't have you can borrow or buy :D Just get yourself on that plane LOL

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:36 pm 
Therapy Participant

I started sorting and packing today so almost ready. Can't wait to see you all! :biggrin:

My Blog
http://myinspirationaldreams.blogspot.com

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:26 pm 
Therapy Expert

Only 1 more sleep.. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Board index » 3 Days in Therapy - 2011 » When and Where?