Post subject: Tiff's Authenitique Kit Step by Step. GOLDILOCKS. July 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 pm 
Therapy Master

This LO can be adapted to a 12x12 and the photo size in this example is a random size. Its a 6x3.5 inch. Nearly a pano print. A standard 6x4 inch would work just as easily. The photo can be colour or BW. BW is easier to adapt to any colour range of Papers.

1. Prepare your title with the Marvy le Plume Pen and American Craft -Dear Lizzy- Fantastic Thickers. As navy Thickers are as rare as hen's teeth, we are colouring our own. The Marvy Le Plume Pen is an alcohol marker with a pliable tip, which is awesome to get into the tight corners and around the edges of the Thickers. So think of your title and colour the alphas as required. Its takes a short time to dry so that’s why we are doing this step first and putting it aside. (The second number 3 is the example with the Cobalt Blue Marvy Le Plume pen)

2. Trim your photo (b/w or colour) with a white border. You can outline the photo itself with a marker pen for effect. If I did this LO again, I would have done it in red :wink:

3. Before mounting the Authentique Genuine - True paper on the Authentique Blissful - Felicity, corner punch the True paper 4 corners and cut out a large window from the middle section of the Felicity paper. Cut it large enough to matt the photo as shown by the first image at the top of this post. We'll be using this section for another part of the LO. Now go ahead and mount the True sheet on the Felicity paper.

4. Open the lid of the Ranger Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle Mist and flick the stalk downwards to randomly splat the colour on the paper on the top right and bottom left of the True paper

5. Using Ranger Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink randomly stamp the background on top of the Mist splats with a stamp of your choice (mines a bubble wrap). Same again with another stamp (script) with Ranger Tim Holtz Mustard Seed Distress Ink.
***tip*** I tend to keep the protective back sheet on the clear stamps and use it without a block to get a better random look

5. While that is drying prepare the title spot from the Authentique Genuine Details sticker sheet. I used masking tape on the large banner to hide the title that was on it (it didn't suit my purpose).

6. Use a piece of baking paper and a grid (cutting mat, paper etc) to arrange the Thickers for your title.

7. The Thickers don’t adhere firmly to the baking paper and the paper is see thru to help you position your title on the page to see if it fits. I needed more masking tape.

8. Your paper should be dry by now to place the doily, the Felicity paper (punch each corner as well) that came from the section cut from the window) and the Title banner. (see the LO image for placement)

9. Use three layers of Foam tape on the top and bottom edges of the photo to mount it to the Felicity paper. We want it to dip in the middle. Use your tape runner to adhere the middle section.

10. Use one layer of foam tape/square to mount the bottom edge of the Tickets from the Details Sticker Sheet.

11. Carefully sew back and forth a few times on the top edge of the Tickets. I was able to carefully lift the edge of the foam strips to lift the photo out of the way enough for the sewing machine foot. Alternatively you could hand sew. Run the sewing machine on the top section of the Felicity Paper near the photo for effect. (see LO for placement)

12. Use a Dymo tool and red Dymo tape to journal your sentiment. Leave enough tape at the beginning and end to notch the banner shape. Place the journal strips on the LO.

13. Using red patterned brads from your own personal scrap stash, place 3 above the photo.

14. Using a small red button from your own personal scrap stash, place 1 on the bottom of the centre ticket

15. Using a new blade in your craft knife, fussy cut the wings of the butterfly. Bend and Lift the wings up for dimension.

16. Roll up the Corner Rounded Punched areas around a pen/pencil for dimension

and that's it.
Thank you.
Tiff Firth

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Tiff's Authenitique Kit Step by Step. GOLDILOCKS. July 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 pm 
Head Therapist

A fantastic idea with the Thickers - navy blue is a hard colour to find and they work just perfectly for this layout.

Girls Tiff worked extra hard to put together a kit class for us this month - this one was it but unfortunately most of these beautiful papers sold out before we were able to pull the kit out of stock, but I am sure you will be able to use these instructions and do some amazing stuff anyways - cant wait to see what you all create with these ideas

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 pm 
Design Therapist

Another fabulous page, Tiff.....love it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:17 pm 
Looking for Therapy

Beautiful layout! And yes, her hair really is simply stunning!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:29 pm 
Therapy Expert

Love the techniques you've used Tiff and that is a beautiful photo!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:23 pm 
Therapy Master

thanks so much. Her hair is glorious. I'm so envious of it!!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:24 pm 
Therapy Expert

Love the layout Tiff, so berautiful. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:03 am 
Design Therapist

great page tiff

Board index » Scrappy Chatter » How did you do it?