Therapy Expert

Fantastically fabulous friends

Bedazzled!!

Crazy dayz

Slow dayz

Cheezy grin

Feisty, fiery, fabulous

Action shotz

and when you surprise someone and their expression is a little startled, they are still considering how they will act, but the shot is already taken. - What the heck!

Post subject: Re: Title
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:55 pm 
Design Therapist

I need a BIG page of titles.......I'm soooo hopeless at them!! :oops:
This is one place I definitely NEED help! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:20 am 
Therapy Expert

never know what to put for titles :roll: only thing harder is journeling :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:49 am 
Therapy Expert

This is one area I don't have a problem with, sometimes I am not sure what I want to use as a title, just leave some space it will come, or someone else will comment on your lay out and you think of something then.
Journalling, I keep a exercise pad near by and "practice", basically just write down what happened with the photos, when or where it was or who was in it and just write it in sentences. This works most often. If I am having trouble I write it in a list on a little journalling card, just like a shopping list.
E.g.
January 2010
Tinaroo Dam
Family Reunion
Helen and I
Sister
Easy going
Balcony
Drinks
Chatting

This would be for the layout I did for the red and white room challenge. But if you feel the need extend these words to sentences. For me scrapbooking is totally about telling the story, with lots of photos and fun so we could extend the list above to be a story.
Such as:
In January 2010, we had a family reunion at Tinaroo Dam in North Queensland, this photo is of my Sister, Helen, and I sitting on the balcony of the cabin we rented chatting and catching up. We spent many easy going evenings on that balcony with a few quiet drinks before and/or after dinner.

So from a list you can more easily create a few sentences which is usually enough with a picture to help tell the story. My grammar is horrid so don't look too closely, with journalling it is not too much of an issue, no one has ever told me I have my commas and such in the wrong place anyway. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:39 am 
Design Therapist

Gypsy wrote:
never know what to put for titles :roll: only thing harder is journeling :shock:

I always used to have a problem with journalling, Gypsy mainly because I used to worry about my handwriting and wanted it to look nice and sound professional iykwim. NOW I try to include a journalling spot/tag/area as part of my LO and that makes me write something coz it can't stay blank and I just go ahead and write the way I would talk....nothing fancy.....sometimes I even run out of room and have to squash it in. It doesn't worry me now, if it doesn't look perfect....I just prattle on until the space is filled. :lol: A good place to start is always include the date and perhaps the place.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:30 am 
Therapy Expert

If I journal its in a corner or at the bottom or sometimes on the back because my handwriting is yukky I used type it up and print it out on cardstock aswell :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:36 am 
Design Therapist

Gypsy wrote:

I totally get that!!! It would be great to have a Title Resource page!!! :wink:

Some of those titles are great Trisha!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:31 pm 
Therapy Expert

Ant wrote:
If I journal its in a corner or at the bottom or sometimes on the back because my handwriting is yukky I used type it up and print it out on cardstock aswell :biggrin:

That's why I write it on scrap paper first, once you have written down what you want to say it is easier to concentrate on your legibility. Or print it :biggrin:

Thank you Mandy, maybe we could have a little comp to see who can come up with the best titles using the lease amount of common letters such as E or S

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:17 pm 
Therapy Expert

Title Resource page would be great :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:27 pm 
Therapy Expert

I have bought some of those new erasable pens from office works, but I am not sure if they are acid free, they come in lots of colours.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:42 pm 
Therapy Expert

Wonderfun

believe in the beauty

a couple more

To me a title is a way of capturing attention not necessarily a description of what is happening or what has been photographed, so with this type of title it will make the scrapbook viewer ask what was fun, or beautiful, or more what and the viewer will usually take their time to read your journalling notes and have a good look at the photos. It's just another way to do titles if you like it.

Board index » Therapy Resources » Titles