Post subject: Easter Name Cutlery Holder...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:35 pm 
Design Therapist

More for the Easter Breakfast table!

This time I thought I'd make these simple cutlery holders which also double as a name settings too!

I think I've just added orange to my Easter table!! I was originally thinking white and yellow.. but just maaaaybe the pop of orange is a good thing??? :P

They are really easy to make up... and I'm not much one for measurements... so its how it turns out with a little cutting and shutting here and there.

Step 1
Cut a piece of White Cardstock into quarters (this will make four :wink: ) and then fold in thirds

Step 2
Next, glue the seam edges down. I'll call these 'white sleeves' :P

Step 3
Oooh I love this paper! Using WRMK Simply Spring Daffodil cut a small piece as below - (look I gave measurements!!! Weeell, partially!) Then fold in half

Step 4
With this folded piece, cut just the smallest slither off each end (to kinda end up with an envelope-look) with the folded end being the widest, and the other end a tiny bit more narrower.

Step 5
Open the little fold (ink around all the edges of everything) and glue and slip either side of the bottom of the white 'sleeve' sealing it off, slide in a feather - and cut a little triangle out of the daffodil paper to fit adhering to the top

Step 6
Love a bit of trim to dress it up? This is MME Stella and Rose Gertie Delightful Trim. Glue a piece down a little bit from the top edge of the sleeve, on top of the triangle paper.

Step 7
This WRMK Cotton Tail 'In the Meadow' Paper is just wonderful for cutting out little bunnies! (its cheaper than buying stickers!) And here's another great paper to cut from WRMK Easter Titles And I cut out four to go on the yellow trim

Step 8
Glue the little bunny, and add some orange trim tied in a bow.. MME Stella & Rose Mabel Little Lady Trim (Its that perfect carrot-ey orange!) Add some fabulous MME My Girl Enamel Dots And some WRMK Simply Spring Chipboard Alpha

All finished complete with cutlery - ready for the Easter table!

Post subject: Re: Easter Name Cutlery Holder...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:05 pm 
Head Therapist

Love this idea - you could put so much into these, gift cards, notes, all sorts of things - great idea on the cutlery - I cant wait to see the photo of your whole easter table

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:19 pm 
Design Therapist

Mandy, these are just absolutely gorgeous.....such a fab idea.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:57 am 
Therapy Veteran

Absolutely love these Mandy! Great idea and could be used for so many other things as well.

Like Lee-Anne - I can't wait to see the Easter morning table! :biggrin:

My blog: http://scrappinchez.blogspot.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:06 pm 
Therapy Expert

gorgeous!!

Board index » Challenge Therapy » Previous Monthly Challenges