Post subject: A - Z challenge (1)....."A"
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:44 am 
Design Therapist

How this challenge will work.......Each month you will be given 2 letters. That is 2 layouts, one for each of the letters. The first letter will be revealed on the 2nd Friday of the month and the second letter on the 4th Friday of the month. The deadline for both is the last day of the month. If you are wanting to complete an album from A-Z then doing the 2 layouts per month will keep you on track and also double your chances to win the monthly prize. You can still enter with one layout using one of the letters, no problems. You don't need to be doing an A-Z album to enter. Simply just pop your layout in your normal scrapbooking albums.
The challenge is for you to be inspired by a word starting with the given letter and create a LO showing somewhere on your layout the word that your LO was inspired by. This can be in the title or in your journalling (we need to be able to see it).
So to start off the challenge your first letter is, yes, "A". (thought that was a good place to start :biggrin: )
The extra criteria for this layout is to have something handwritten on your page.

I recently bought a new "applicance" so that was my word for "A".

I've used Prima Reflections collection (scribe) both sides, Prima rub-ons "sparkling spring" and Prima flowers "precious metals".

I think we're gonna have some fun with this. I'm so looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. Happy scrapping................

Pages must be newly created solely for the use of this challenge and may not be used in any other challenge until winners are announced. All entries are due by midnight of the last day of the month. The winner will receive a $25 Scraptherapy Voucher, which will be valid for one month from the date of issue. If vouchers are not able to be used within that time for some reason the voucher can be RAK'd to a friend for their use.

Last edited by Deb MK on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A - Z challenge (1)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:07 pm 
Head Therapist

Yippee - our first letter is up - girls don't think Deb is going to get to predictable - we threw A at you tonight just to make sure that no-one was to thrown by this challenge but from here on in the letters are going to be very random

Also Deb asked me to let you all know that she has drawn the winner of the RAK for the album covers - congrats to Trisha there is a little something special coming your way

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:24 pm 
Looking for Therapy

Well i never would have picked a for appliance and done a scrapbook on it! Love it by the way. A for me is of course for Abseiling. The abseil I was going to scrap for A isn't until October, so I am going with one of the hundred other pictures I have of me abseiling. I have been working on my cover so time to get cracking and finish it off then start on A.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:26 pm 
Therapy Veteran

This is a good challenge but I have a question.

If the 2nd letter is given on the fourth friday of the month but the closing is the end of the month, then there is not much time to do the layout and the closing could possibly fall on the same day then will there will more time given?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:28 pm 
Head Therapist

all part of the challenge Helen :wink:

There would only ever be some February's that the very last day would be the fourth Friday of the month and we will deal with that if we have to

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:45 pm 
Therapy Member

Ok, that's easy, had some gorgeous shots taken of my new girl with ANGEL wings on... :p c'mon Sandie, give me the shots!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:48 pm 
Therapy Participant

Ooooh I'll have to think, I have an album to do the cover of, just need to think of a word

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:06 pm 
Therapy Expert

Lee-Anne wrote:
Yippee - our first letter is up - girls don't think Deb is going to get to predictable - we threw A at you tonight just to make sure that no-one was to thrown by this challenge but from here on in the letters are going to be very random

Also Deb asked me to let you all know that she has drawn the winner of the RAK for the album covers - congrats to Thrisha there is a little something special coming your way

Thank you Lee-Anne and Deb :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:18 pm 
Design Therapist

If you could pm me your postal addy, Trisha I'll get this in the post to you on Monday. Congratulations and thanks for playing.....your album cover is awesome.

Just remember girls, you can upload your covers/album/title page into the gallery any time this month and still cross it off your tally list.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:23 pm 
Therapy Veteran

I actually got started on my album cover today, at long last! I used an old folder I found under the house, which I hope to totally transform. :lol:

So I am now feeling quite excited about my doing my first layout for the album. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:27 pm 
Design Therapist

That's great, Ceci. Looking forward to seeing your album. Can't wait to see what you all come up with for "A". It will be nice to have our first page of the album done. Just remember you don't need to be doing an a-z album to enter either although you might just change your mind and end up doing one after you do a few of the challenges. :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:29 pm 
Therapy Expert

Yay cant wait to start it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:31 pm 
Design Therapist

Yay! Ant.....looking forward to seeing your creation.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:12 pm 
Design Therapist

I love your page Deb and know just what I am going to do for A.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:25 pm 
Therapy Veteran

Great idea :D
Love your LO Deb

Board index » Challenge Therapy » Previous Monthly Challenges » August Challenges