Post subject: 6x12 Christmas LO creating room for journalling.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:19 pm 
Design Therapist

After this year, I think I will pass Santa and Mrs Claus onto our grand daughters but I wanted to get down on paper the story of how we got them. So I've created this simple 6x12 LO with "extensions" to do it.

The journalling reads......I can remember how excited Mum was when she spotted "Santa" in the store. He was $50 but she had no hesitation in buying him for the kids....and they loved him. It was in the after-Christmas sales that both Santa and Mrs Claus were reduced to 1/2 price so Mum couldn't leave Santa without a wife. That is how we got Mr and Mrs Claus. As hard as I try to remember, I can't think how old they are. I'm thinking they came into our family in the late 1980's. If only Mum was still with us.....she would have remembered for sure. As much as I treasure bringing them out to decorate our home at Christmas, I think it's time to pass them onto the grand kids. I'm sure Mum would have wanted this. It's a bit hard to let them go though.....

I've cut this Reminisce winter wonderland paper into 6x12 from the bottom and two 6x6's from the top part. I've also cut out the little figure from the bottom piece as my 6x4 photo will go over the top of this part and I want him for something else. :biggrin:

To the sides of the 6x6's I have added a folded piece of Websters ribbon and I haven't pushed this ribbon right back onto the edge of the paper, instead I have pulled it out a bit to extend the width of the paper. Then I have laid these 2 pieces ontop of my 6x12 and folded over the other end of the paper so that a little bit folds under the sides of the 6x12.

To my 6x12 piece I have simply added my full 4x6 photo and used Tim Holtz distress stain (weathered wood) over and around the photo to blend it into the page and also cut parts of the little people so that the photo fits under these bits to make it all look like it's all meant to be there iykwim.

I've then decorated my top 2 6x6's treating them as one. Punched holes and used MME Kraft Funday twine to tie them together. I've cut little Santa figures from Reminisce Santa Collage to decorate the front as well as using my little man cut from under my photo area. Also from the Reminisce Santa collage paper I have used a stencil to cut out my title and inked around the letters with Prima fluid chalk ink (old road).

So now after glueing the top fold out bits to my base I have used the inside covers for my journalling.

I've then added more embellies to my front cover.
Maya Road Lace and Cosmo Cricket alphas.

Post subject: Re: 6x12 Christmas LO creating room for journalling.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:43 pm 
Head Therapist

What a great subject to journal - every family heirloom should have a story to go with it

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:01 pm 
Therapy Expert

This looks great Deb!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:25 pm 
Therapy Expert

gorgeous!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:58 pm 
Design Therapist

looks great deb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:31 pm 
Design Therapist

Gorgeous - tells a wonderful story! Love this themed paper!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:14 am 
Design Therapist

Thanks, girls.

Board index » Our Previously Featured Manufacturers » November/December Man - SANTA! - Welcome to Christmas