Post subject: Mandy's 'Happy Easter' Egg Card
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:36 pm 
Design Therapist

Weeeeell before we know it, Easter will be upon us and its early this year being end of March.
So lets start thinking about getting cards ready so when it arrives -
voilĂ  - 'all organised' :P :wink:

This week I've made a little 'EGG' card... it really was quite easy.
I would have shown you pics for a step by step but doing this late last night - the pics were undescribable! So will explain :P :

For the face of the card....I've cut out two sizes of egg shapes (I did have old templates cut out in my 'easter box' here at home- so used those - you can do a search and get some templates off the net or you can even get away with oval shapes :wink: ) however - there might be two sizes, but there needs to be three eggs cut out..... one bigger, and two the same size:
I love the products I've used which are mostly MME Lost&Found 3 Oliver
For the one bigger 'egg' I've used the darker side of MME Oliver Blue Quatrefoil Paper and one slightly smaller 'egg' from the reverse side which is lighter blue (both blues are looking quite 'grey' at in the pic though, they are 'blue-r... prettier!) Cut another of the smaller sized egg from MME Oliver Yellow Honeyusing the reverse side which is the off-white

It's now a matter of placing the off-white egg on top of the darker blue bigger size.... Cut a 'crack' through the ligher blue egg - and sew (either with machine or draw stitches) across the 'cracked edge. THe coolest thing about this 'patterny embossed' paper is that it SANDS really well - so it gave a bit of definition by sanding down one side.
Attach all the 'eggs' together and sew around the oval edge. With the little 'cracked' paper left over - cut it smaller with another 'cracked' edge and pop it up the top (dark side up) so it looks like a 'lid'....
NOW for the decoration....
the gold glitter trim is awesome its MME Oliver 12x12 Chipboard and add a couple of- MME Oliver Buttons
Now to the rub-ons... quite the little story! Its probably well known that rubons and I just dont get along (I dunno - they just seem to stuff-up on me :? ) however, way back in 2008 I did a Easter project class for little boxes here at Scrap Therapy (as a customer - not on the dt) and the kit arrived and there they were 'RUBONS'! We were led through the class one night by a dt member - it was fun and I did manage to use the rubons somewhat successfully for once!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, in my Easter box last night - I found the remainder of those rubons - its been 5 years!!! They looked cute - and had to ask myself could they possibly still be 'okay' to use??
And looky - here they are .... those sweet little chickies on my 'Egg Card' below worked a treat and the 'Happy Easter' title... AND guess what :shock: :shock: :P You can STILL get them in the shop! I have NO idea if Lee-Anne has 1 packet or 2 or 3 but they are super gorgeous and adhere well.... you can find them HERE
Last thing that needs doing is to back them onto some cardstock so it can be opened and written in... Or you could use it as a tag!
HOpe you have fun making up your easter cards!!! Lets get started :P :P :P

Post subject: Re: Mandy's 'Happy Easter' Egg Card
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:04 pm 
Head Therapist

Yep Mandy - double checked and we do have a couple of those still in stock - and better still they are on special! And I love what you have done with them on this card - looks fantastic

There is also some very pretty matching paper here if you want to go really nice and bright with the card

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:15 pm 
Design Therapist

Ooooooooo! This card is super gorgeous, Mandy and how cute are those rub-on's!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:07 am 
Therapy Veteran

Too cute, Mandy.

My blog: http://scrappinchez.blogspot.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:14 am 
Therapy Expert

This is just to cute Mandy.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 pm 
Therapy Veteran

Love the layers and colours of this card Mandy! Just gorgeous!

My blog: http://beccym.blogspot.com
My Challenge blog: http://aussiescrapjack.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:26 am 
Therapy Member

Wow what an amazing card, was thinking that I don't give out any easter cards, but it is just a nice time to send one to someone one as snail mail is dying and I know myself I love to receive happy mail. Great idea Mandy, going to make one for a friend who lives in Kathrine, xx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:41 am 
Design Therapist

Good for you Mel - and I love snail mail cards. I find people like my parents age love them especially. My mum and dad will be getting one from me for sure (as always) - all it takes is a little card to put a smile on their faces! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:37 am 
Therapy Member

Actually, anything like that is great for granny and grampsy, thanks for the idea....time to put a smile on their faces, you may have started a new tradition in our house, thanks Mandy.

Board index » Showcasing our DT » Mandy Dodd