Post subject: Deb's December Daily 2012
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 pm 
Design Therapist

I've followed along the same lines as Mandy with her December Daily covers using these Prima Resist covers except I have only used one for the front and have made a back for the album from some thick card and covered it with Dark Kraft cardstock. So, this year, I have a bigger page size and I also decided to try to make my covers not so Christmas related iykwim - just a hint in the colours and banners. As this is only my 2nd December Daily I'm still learning, and we'll see if the bigger size and not having "pre-done" pages works for me.

I've misted the cover with Tattered Angels glimmermists (LED red and English Ivy not currently in stock) and added a dash of Dylusions pure sunshine and given it a light spray with water. The red was not the colour I wanted to achieve so with a bit more green sprayed over the top and a little water to blend it, I finally got the result I wanted. I've added a little MME wood frame (just popped out the centre part and rubbed it over with some brown ink), some Prima flowers and lace and made up some banners from the Teresa collins Christmas Cottage range from which I will be making most of the album from.

FRONT

and BACK

I've covered the inside of the front and back covers with dark kraft as well and encased some ribbon from an old stationery set that belonged to my Mum to tie up the album.

Other products used......
Cosmo Cricket ribbon
Liquid pearls - rouge and advocado.

Well here are my first pages. I'm going to be mainly using the Teresa Collins Christmas cottage range.

my pics are a bit small but basically my day started with our birdies visiting in the morning, littlest gd in the arve and our solar lights on our "real" tree at night.....all in all a colourful day to start December.

Day 2

Did I say I wasn't gonna pre-do any pages :lol: well just one. Just waiting to get a little wallet sized photo of the girls with Santa from my DD for one side of day 2's pages. teehee we lined up for an hour and a half to get the photo with Santa and when the man in red arrived little Miss A cried and yelled quite loudly "me no like him". But Santa was a winner when it was finally our turn. She had a great ol' chat to him....not sure what about though. :lol: The other side is a pic of a wreath that I made. I'm not a fan of wreath decorations but I saw it on Better HOmes and Gardens and thought I can do that.

Here is my Day 3...........

Nature's way of decorating for Christmas....love it.

Day 4.....

still to fill in the journalling part on this one. Just a page on the temp of the day and how a little bit of water in a tiny blowup pool can make a little person happy.

Here is my Day 5.

Day 6 .....

My Day 7 and 8

some journalling and newspaper clipping on the tag inside

Days 9 and 10. I ended up putting them both on the 1 page. Not sure if I like that idea though.

Here are my 11 and 12 days. Struggled for a photo on the 11th so took Mandy's advice and included the special decorations that I gave the girls for their tree into my Dec Daily and had taken a pic of a bird of paradise flower in the garden and thought I would use it for the 12th for no real reason....just seemed to fit I thought.

Day 13.
These gorgeous birds sat still long enough for me to take their photo yesterday. I've continued on with the power lines with some misted string AND
Don't ya just love it when you chop the top off something in a photo. Well I chopped the top off the jelly/chutney jars so I decided to make little lids for them from some scraps of paper. I've also coloured in some Prima packaging for a bit of a background.

A super simple one for the 14th......

Pocket with a copy of our grocery docket inside.

15, 16 17 and 18th.......
putting a Christmas pressie together (forgot to take a pic under the flap -the finished product)

Days 19 and 20.

21,22 and 23.
Ooooooooooooooooo! I've been slack taking photos. Sooooooo here are my pages from the last few days.
Just the words to Rockin' Around the Christmas tree song that I can't get out of my head this Christmas.

and a little pocket for Christmas cards. I don't "do" cards much any more. Mostly emails and phone calls. So for the 5 that we received this year, I thought I would pop them in the DecDaily. (not there yet, they are still on the tree)

and yesterday I wrapped the pressies and put them under the tree.

24th and 25th
These 2 sort of sit on top of each other and on the other side of the smaller one I'm just going to put a Santa sticker for the 25th

I only took a few pics of the kids on the slip and slide on Christmas day so most of it is journalling about the day, which is under the flap.
As there were a few adults there on the day we had a secret santa. I've used the paper that mine was wrapped in on these pages.

The 26th will simply be a journalling page about the day. I took no photos at all.

Last edited by Deb MK on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:26 am, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Deb's December Daily 2012 album covers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:41 pm 
Head Therapist

Stunning Deb - incredibly fantastically stunning!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:45 pm 
Therapy Expert

Ohh so gorgeous Deb, I love your little bunting banners :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:51 pm 
Design Therapist

awesome Deb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:15 pm 
Design Therapist

Thanks, girls..............ooooooooooooooooooooo I so can't wait to start my first page.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:27 pm 
Design Therapist

I love it too! How cool is that little banner!!!

They are just the best covers to use arent they!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:44 am 
Therapy Veteran

Beautiful Deb.

My blog: http://scrappinchez.blogspot.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:42 am 
Therapy Veteran

Wow, I just saw this on your blog Deb! So, so pretty. I can't wait to see the finished result.

My blog: Crazy for Colours

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:59 am 
Therapy Expert

Beautiful! Busily making tags here today, but might get a couple of pages ready for easy use once I start.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:27 am 
Design Therapist

Thanks, girls. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:47 pm 
Therapy Participant

Wow this looks awesome deb..

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Deb's December Daily 2012
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:33 am 
Design Therapist

Thanks, Anita.

Board index » Challenge Therapy » Previous Monthly Challenges » 2012 December Daily